You will achieve the best results with regular applications.
Begin your neck traction program with short traction sessions (3-5 minutes each).
After the first week, you can gradually increase the amount of pressure and length of the traction sessions by a few minutes.
Sessions should always be comfortable. If you notice any increase soreness and symptoms returning, decrease the length of your session.
Take things slowly in the beginning for optimum results.
When you are ready to extend traction sessions to longer periods
(10-20 minutes), always use the lowest amount of pressure that still provides an easy stretch. Stronger traction should always be for shorter periods of time (maximum 3-5 minutes), and for individuals who are experienced with the product.
To use the Neck Traction Device while lying down, individuals should position a pillow under the head creating a space for the product behind the neck for comfort.
Instructions NeckStraight’s Neck Traction Device
- Place the device around your neck with tube and inflation pump in front. Adjust the inflatable layers for correct shape and position then fasten the velcro straps in front. Use a mirror to help.
- Sit up straight, and rest your back in the chair. Keep your head pointed straight ahead looking out at eye-level. With the silver bulb valves closed, pump until you feel a light stretch of the neck. Let the back of your head rest comfortably back inside the unit. Relax your muscles.
Pump it again in gradual increments, until you feel a pleasant stretch. You may continue to pump until you achieve the right traction angle and right amount of stretch and/or relief according to comfort level or as prescribed by your doctor.
Close the roller valves by rolling it downwards to prevent any leakage of air. You may adjust the device on your neck if needed until comfort and relief are attained, however, do not use the air tubes to adjust the unit or damage will result.
Note: The bulb is removable. After it is inflated, you can close the roller valves and remove the bulb. Be careful where you place it.
- When finished with your treatment session, open the roller valves, then unscrew the bulb valve and the air will release.
Once the air has let out sufficiently, you may remove the Neck Traction Device and gently press on the layers to completely deflate.
Do not squeeze the device forcefully to let the air out.
Begin gently with minor and moderate level of traction at 1-2 times a day, then move on to major traction if comfortable. When you become used to it, the device can be used 2-3 times a day for a maximum of 20-30 minutes each time, but only 3-5 minutes for major traction and 1-3 minutes for special traction. Use at your own convenience while watching TV, working on computers, reading, traveling, reclining or relaxing, etc.
(1) You should avoid cervical traction if you have:
- rheumatoid arthritis
- postsurgery hardware such as screws in your neck
- a recent fracture or injury in the neck area
- a known tumor in the neck area
- a bone infection
- issues or blockages with vertebral or carotid arteries
- cervical instability
- spinal hypermobility
If you are affected by the above or other serious neck problems, please make sure you always seek medical advice before using the Neck Traction Device.
(2) Do not overinflate! The traction devices are inflatable and have bladders inside which can burst if overinflated. The Air Neck Traction is designed to be used gradually and to tolerance. They provide a great amount of traction force and there is no need to use maximum force or over-inflate for normal use.
(3) Do not adjust the device unit by pulling on the tubes! Adjustment should be made using the velcro straps and by moving the cloth layers. Pulling on the tubes will cause damage to the unit which is not covered under warranty.
(4) Do not sleep while wearing the Neck Traction Device.
Wearing the device for longer than 30 minutes can cause neck stiffness and soreness. Please remain conscious to avoid possible problems.
Important: Follow your doctor's directions if prescribed, and relax as much as possible during use. If discomfort occurs during use, deflate the neck traction and adjust angle and pressure until discomfort disappears, then try again.
Major traction force should be followed by 30 minutes of minor or moderate level traction.
Avoid sharp objects or forceful handling during use. Avoid leaving filled with air while unused, but store with a little air still in to prolong product life.
We wish you a lot of pleasure with your Neck Traction Device!
Your NeckStraight™ Team